You don’t know what an experience is like until you have it yourself. The truth is that parenthood is both wonderful and awful at the same time. Parenting is seen as more difficult today than in the past. But how could parenting be so hard today, when the basic tasks can be carried out so easily? The baby requires more attention and parents have so many things to do that they are not able to give the required time to the newborn. Also, there are so many new problems now that weren’t there before.
Kerry came up with the babocush which is a completely new and innovative solution, for providing safety and comfort to a baby from her personal experience. When she had her son, he was only settled and content when resting against her chest. He cried in his bouncer, his pram, and his cot, he even cried in his car seat. She felt that the typical baby chairs and comfort cushions just didn’t work. She needed something where her baby could lie on his belly comfortably and safely, in the same position offered by her shoulder. Something that didn’t cause her baby to scream with pain when setting it down. Something that simulated the vibration of her voice and the beat of her heart. But it just didn’t exist! As a mother, she wanted to know how to keep her newborn settled and happy, whilst still making time for her toddler, husband, and housework. So she had to design the ultimate swaddling cushion with soothing sounds and motion. And that’s how babocush was born.
The babocush comes with a shaped foam mattress, outer fleece cover with harness, quilted mattress protector. It also features soothing vibrations and a gentle heartbeat sound, to simulate being held by you by replicating the sound of your voice and the beat of your heart. The cover is removable and washable. It also has a 5 point harness to safely secure the baby. The babocush is an enhancement for your bouncer/rocker or can also be used as its alternative.
- Before placing the baby on it make sure babocush’s vibration and heartbeat functions are on.
- Introduce the baby to the babocush while they are in a good mood initially. This will help them to calmly get more familiar with the cushion.
- Place a familiar smelling soft blanket over the baby for added comfort.
- Babocush is great for strengthening the baby’s neck, back, and trunk as well as helping prevent the flat-head syndrome, and promoting cognitive development.
- It allows airways to remain open and relaxed, reducing the time taken to burp the baby.
- Babocush effectively works for babies with gas pain, colic, and reflux discomfort.
“Colic” in infants means an unexplained crying and a look and feeling of being upset without an obvious cause, but most likely to do with digestion.
- Once the baby has settled and is comfortable move the baby to its cradle or crib, do not use the babocush as a bed.
- Always supervise during use and do not allow your baby to sleep on it.
- Front sleeping can pose a suffocation risk and is thought to increase the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
The babocush is portable, lightweight, and versatile, making it easily usable at its best for your baby’s comfort. It helps premature babies with reflux and colic discomfort. This product is perfect for modern parent’s dilemmas as it helps to keep the newborn settled and happy, while still making time for your partner and day-to-day life. Babocush is an incredibly clever and fantastic product that all parents should consider having for their newborn.
Find more such blogs below:
Pic Courtesy: Babocush
Editor: Shiwani Nagrale